Friday, April 2, 2010

"Pressing On" by Relient K

I think we're going somewhere, we're onto something good here.
Growing apart is something that I always used to fear.
However, right now our relationship is better than it ever was.
How I feel is so hard to understand, I don't think anyone does.

Somewhere back there I left my worries all behind.
As soon as I met you, I knew that you were one of a kind.
I never thought that you would feel the same way,
But thanks to you, I love each and every day.

We're going and I'm never knowing, never knowing where we're going,
But maybe it's better that I'm curious and never knowing.
All the best things tend to happen by surprise.
I don't need to know as long as I'm special in your eyes.

We're onto something good here, and we're gonna make it after all.
I truly believe this because I know that you would never let me fall.
Don't just go by what I've said above.
Because we both know that words alone can't explain our love.

3 comments:

  1. I really loved your poem! It's very cute, sweet, and shows that you are talented. :) The message is very optimistic. Good job, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our confirmation song! It's such a good song. I loved your poem. The poem and song suited each other good. It's a heart warming poem, great job Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I love this song! It's so inspiring and the way you rewrote it into a poem was amazing. The lines you used really helped me to capture the idea of your entire poem. I really enjoyed reading this. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete