Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Schiff Shift

The bell rang that day and we sat in our seats,
We weren't really expecting anything neat.
I couldn't wait to 'meet' our temporary teacher.
However, she was a familiar creature.

Okay class, this is Miss Schiff, say hello!
Yes, Miss Schiff, who I already know.
She was my cheerleading coach when I was small,
Not just some lady I met at the mall.

Same person as before, she really hadn't changed,
Teaching dance moves, then English class, what a wide range!
She taught us well, I learned oh so much.
Reading poems, doing blog assignments and such.

A cheerleading coach, a teacher, and of course a good friend,
I didn't realize her time here would be coming to an end.
We know we will miss her when it's time for her to go,
And Soon enough it's back to Mrs. Collentine-- uh oh.






2 comments:

  1. Aww Jackie thank you so much for your kind words. You were a joy to teach once again, and I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem! And I especially liked the last line! Good job, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete